Did you know?
The average family spends needs $600 - $800 per child on new supplies and clothes to start a new school year.
Nationally, only 60% of children who have spent time in foster care go on to earn a high school diploma, and only 2% complete a college degree.
BigHouse wants to promote academic success by providing the necessary supplies and clothes to help our kids and teens feel confident and prepared for the coming school year. What we collect beyond the need of the kids in our county we will distribute to youth in foster care in surrounding counties.
- Foster parents: Our Back to School Bash will be in July/August. Look out for more information in our BigHouse Family Newsletter
- Community members:
Here is a list of needed supplies (must be new):
- backpacks, all sizes
- 1/2 inch - 3 inch binders
- plastic pocket folders with prongs
- looseleaf notebook paper, wide and college ruled
- pencil top erasers
- large pink erasers
- zippered pencil pouches
- pencil boxes
- glue sticks
- index cards
- composition notebooks (black and white marbled, NOT spiral bound)
- copy paper
- dry erase markers
- hand sanitizer
- kid scissors, blunt tip